Voice over Internet Protocol, is a new revolution of IP Telephony on advancement of IP Network.
IP based PABX System
With proper planning / design of network, VoIP can be reach via public network from anywhere in this world.
Challenges need to go through during deployment of IP-PBX system.
1) Strong password – Device login password and SIP Client password, IPPBX GUI password, SSH port number
2) Change of default SIP Port number
3) Change of dialling pattern call with PIN number required for oversea calls
4) IPPBX System to block prefix number that not in destination list
5) Telco / Service Provider to control call routing to certain country
6) Virtual Private Network
1) Design of network infrastructure
2) Network with Quality of Service (QoS) feature
3) Sufficient of bandwidth
4) Block P2P downloading, youtube and others that caused network bandwidth utilization increase
Benefits of VoIP
1) Can work from anywhere
3) No additional wiring – no 2 pair cable needed for phone
4) Can maintain by own IT Personal
– Analogue Telephone Adaptor is a device to connect analogue device such as analogue phone, fax machine to IP Telephony environment.
– IP Phone designed and uses for IP Telephony
– Soft-Phone is a software / program designed for VoIP for PC
– SIP Client (Android/IOS) design for mobile user
End of VoIP with IPPBX setup in office
VoIP without IP-PBX system, limit the features of IP-PBX, most of the basic features like call forward (busy, engage, no answer, unavailable) can be configure in IP-Phone. Inter extension calls can be done with Direct IP call concept.
This concept of direct IP call, I leaned from engineer in Indonesia, they do deploy Direct IP call concept for free calls within branches in different area / country without IP-PBX. I learned and managed to setup and configure the concept of VoIP without IP-PBX that calling from Mobile apps to office with Direct IP call.